Miller Diversion 180 TIG welder is the product to choose from when you want to enjoy a better welding experience and enhanced functionality. The versatility of Miller Diversion 180 and possession of several exciting features make welding easy, fast, and efficient.
Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder Review
- Price For: Each Series: Diversion 180 Aluminum - Material Thickness: 0.025 to 3/16 Mild Steel - Material Thickness: 0.030 to 3/16 Includes: 12.5ft. Torch with Backcap, Ceramic Gas Cup, 3/32in Collet and Collet Body, 2% Ceriated Tungsten, RFCS-RJ45 Remote Foot Control, 12ft. Work Lead With Clamp, Regulator/Flow Gauge with Hose Overall Width: 9.875 Overall Height: 17 Welder Duty Cycle: 35%
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Diversion 180 appropriately integrated for performing GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) and TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas Welding).
It is used to perform both simple and complex welding tasks and suitable for professional and amateur users due to its simple design and it also considers the best TIG welder.
It is a combination of quality, durability, high-performance, and enhanced functionality, all of which are peculiar to this brand.
So, if you are pondering on getting a GTAW/TIG welding machine, the Miller Diversion 180 is a great device that deserves your attention. With the provision of this magnificent machine, users need not worry about not having an elaborate technical knowledge of welding.
In this article, we will examine the features, specifications, pros, and cons of the Miller Diversion 180 welding machine to help you make an informed decision regarding whether it is the best option for you.
You can also check out our top 12 best welding helmets for professional work with Auto-Darkening.
What’s in the Box?
On opening the package, you will find the following:
- An operator Manual.
- One 8 ft. primary cord with multi-voltage (MVP) plugs for 120-volts and 240-volts.
- A regulator/flow gauge and gas hose.
- An RFCS-RJ45 remote foot controller.
- A 12.5 ft. (150 inches) Weld craft A-150 Tungsten inert gas torch.
- A 12 ft. (144 inches) work cable and clamp.
The following are the features of the welding machine.
- Ease of Use
It brings with it, an easy-to-understand operator interface. It guides users through the easy set-up procedure. After powering up the machine, you can preferentially choose the type and thickness range of the material you want, and that’s all you need to get started. You also get to see all settings options chosen displayed on the digital screen. Then, based on the settings, the system will supply a suitable quantity of arc welding current.
- Dual-Voltage feature
This machine works on dual voltages. The dual-voltage plug feature permits connection to either a 115 volt or 230-volt receptacle based on the simplicity or complexity of the welding work. It is also quite easy to switch between these voltages, without altering any settings, all you need to do is to select the appropriate plug for the receptacle that you want to use and connect the power cord.
The maximum output current for the welder is 180 amperes (amps), and with this machine, you can weld non-stop for up to 4 minutes using full power, after which it will require about 6.5 minutes to cool.
Weighing 50 pounds, Miller Diversion 180 welder is qualified to be considered a portable welder. It can easily be carried from one work site to the other. Also, it is not large and wouldn’t occupy a significant amount of space within a workshop or garage. However, despite being compact in design, its functionality and power are not affected.
- Low power consumption
This welder does not consume much power. Efficient power management is made possible by the presence of a Fan-on-Demand feature, which functions by minimizing noise levels, eliminating debris, dust and prevents harmful particles from getting into the machine.
This machine is versatile because it is capable of different welding types of metallic materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, weld steel, etc. as long as the thickness of these materials falls within 3/16 inches.
The performance of this machine is enhanced by some features such as:
- Auto post-flow, which automatically regulates the post-flow according to the welding output. This feature also allows for the shielding of the electrode and weld end zone, thereby hindering the wastage of gas.
- Advanced square-wave alternating current (AC), which delivers deep penetration plus freezing (cooling) of the weld surface
- A Diamond Head grip that lets the user handle it, without difficulty or fatigue comfortably.
- The air-cooled torch guarantees its durability.
Check out the specs below:
- Dual-voltage plug
- Consistent welding arc
- Lightweight (50 pounds)
- Handles both 115-volt and 230-volt input power
- User-friendly Interface
- Inverter based technology
- Material type and material thickness selection option
- Fan-on-Demand that only works when necessary
- HF stands for the non-contact arc that prevents material and tungsten contamination.
- The interface is simple enough for anyone to understand and comfortably maneuver.
- It possesses a Dual voltage plug that enables users to choose between 115 volts and 230 volts based on the job.
- It is both AC and DC capable, making it possible for users to weld both aluminum and steel.
- It uses inverter technology, making it both powerful and portable.
- The availability of the Fan-on-demand feature helps to extend the life of the unit and saves energy.
- It is light in weight and compact in design.
- It is energy efficient.
- It produces impressive welding results.
- A foot pedal is part of the package.
- offers users a comfortable gripping experience with its diamond-head grip feature
- It is a very durable machine.
- Its auto post-flow feature hinders the waste of gas and protects the electrode and weld zone.
- It is not appropriate for industrial applications.
- Welds only materials with a thickness within 3/16 inch, anything above that, it can’t handle it.
- The power cord is short.
- It is a bit costly when compared to other welders
Miller’s Diversion 180 is a powerful welding tool with durability, ease of use, versatility, and enhanced functionality. It is appropriate for TIG and GTA welding and is suitable for work in remote sites because of its lightweight. It does not matter if you are a professional or an amateur in welding; this machine makes you look feel like a pro with its easy-to-understand interface. Though it is a bit costly in contrast to others, you still get to enjoy the quality and high performance.
To wrap up, we have discussed some of the available features of this tool. We hope you find this product review helpful and hope you got all the necessary information needed to make a purchasing decision.